Saturday, April 20, 2013

Butch Cassidy and the Sundace Kid (1969): Review

Tonight, I went down to the Old Redford theatre and saw Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.  This was the first time I had ever seen this movie and I was interested in seeing what it was all about.  I have never been much of a old western movie but was expecting it to be like the classic westerns that are spoken about.  I think that this movie was worth seeing, due to the fact that I have heard about it for years but I do not think that it is anything that special.
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, follows the two title characters played by Paul Newman and Robert Redford respectively.  They are two robbers who used to rob banks but then switch to trains. The are driven to move to Bolivia because of being tracked by men hired by the railroad.  They then go back to robbing banks.
This movie has a slow pace and doesn't really seem to have any point to the plot.  The action was fine but nothing really exciting.  There was a female character but I still cannot seem to figure out what the point of her was besides just having a female in the movie.  Like I said there was nothing particular wrong with this movie, besides being slow, but there was nothing really spectacular about it.

My rating: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment