Friday, October 4, 2013

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 (2013): Review

Today I went and saw Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, and I was looking forward to seeing it.  This movie was one of the examples of the trailers and television spots peaking my interest enough for me to go and see the movie.  I liked the concept of the movie based on these teasers and it looked like it would be fun. Before I went and saw today I watched the original so that I would know what was going on before it started and not do what I have done recently with some of the animated sequels where I watched the second before the first and it was a bit confusing.  I do not think that it was really necessary to see the first one before hand as this movie opens by summarizing the first movie.  For my review of Cloudy With A Chance of Meatball (2009) click here http://myreviewsbyjane.blogspot.com/2013/09/cloudy-with-chance-of-meatballs-2009.html

I quite liked this movie and thought that it was a fun time, there was nothing really amazing about but it was fun and I would watch it again should the opportunity present itself.  Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs 2 brings back all of the main original characters from the first one but follows their story after they leaved Swallow Falls due to all of the giant food being everywhere.  Flint Lockwood, voiced by Bill Hader, is offered a job working at a invention company run by his childhood scientist hero.  After working there for six months and having his hopes dashed he is tricked by this hero Chester V, voiced by, Will Forte, and his talking ape sidekick Barb, voiced by Kristin Schall, Flint goes back to his island because he has been told that the food has gained consciousness and that they are trying to learn to swim in order to destroy the world.  Helping him on his quest to hunt down his food making marching, which was not truly destroyed at the end of the movie are: meteorologist Sam Sparks, voiced by Anna Farris; newer friend Brent McHale, voiced by Andy Samberg; cameraman Manny, voiced by Benjamin Bratt; police officer Earl, voiced by Terry Crews; pet monkey with a voice interpreter head ban Steve, voiced by Neil Patrick Harris; and Flint's Dad Time Lockwook, voiced by James Cann. As they return to Swallow Falls and see what is happening, their original ideas about the food animals are questions and the real perils they are up against are revealed.
This movie was pretty much what I expected it to be, a bunch of fun and lots of food animal jokes, examples being shrimp-anzees, taco-dile, and fla-magoes.  This movies was quite stupid and continues to play on the jokes of the first move and in my opinion was better then the first movie because the premise was already set up and it didn't really needs to go into the science of the food machine, it just went for the story, the trickery of Flint and his naivety, and the living food animals.  I thought it was fun and that kids would like it.  There wasn't anything that scarry about it, there were a bunch of children in the theatre and they seemed to like it as well.

My Rating: 2+

No comments:

Post a Comment