Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Rise Of The Guardians (2012): Review

The most recent new movie I have watched is the Rise Of The Guardians. I watched this movie over the weekend and I loved it.  It kept me entertained and had me rooting for the the main characters, specifically Jack Frost. Which was the point.  I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes a good family story with a bit of whimsy, and takes you back to the joys of childhood, where you believed that St. Nickolas, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny. As I watched this movie I was pulled into the struggle of Jack, his desire to discovery who he is and his struggle over what is the the correct thing to do. This is a children's movie and although it kept me interested there was minimal terror and expected plot points.
Although the story was predictable the visual effects and music were spectacular.  I watched this in 3D and just for the snowflakes, it was worth it.

Movie Summary: In the Rise Of The Guardians, we follow Jack Frost as he reluctantly joins the guardians of children, St. Nickolas, the Tooth Fairy, the Easter Bunny, and the Sandman, to protect the world against the Boogieman.  He is a young man striving to find his place in the world, while others are relying on him for help.

My Rating: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment