Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Battle of the Movies: Schwarzenegger vs. Stallone

It seems like recently there has been a resurgence of the older action stars and I have to say I am loving it.  This weekend kicks off what I like to think of the first official battle of these movies.  Arnold Schwarzenegger Vs. Sylvester Stallone.  I think that they are great to come out against each other because when I think of 80s action movies I think of these two.  With these two movies I think it is natural to compare the two because they are coming out within weeks of each other.  Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Last Stand this Friday on January 18th and Sylvester Stallone's Bullet to the Head on February 1st.  I hope that they are awesome and use lots of references back to the hay day of these the action movies these two were in.

First off- Released on January 18th  Arnold Schwarzenegger in
THE LAST STAND



In The Last Stand is Arnold Schwarzenegger's official return to movie making after his stint as Governor of California and his recent baby scandal.  He is coming back as the Sheriff of the town that it standing between an escaped fugitive and the Mexican border.  What is Arnold to do about it, but go after him with guns and a take no prisoner's attitude.  I hope that it lives up to what I expect, which is lots of guns, shootouts, a few chases, and hopefully a couple blatant Terminator references.
Also starring: Forrest Whitaker, Johnny Knoxville, and Luis Guzmán

Next up being release on February 1st is Sylvester Stallone's
Bullet to the Head


Stallone has been a back a bit longer then Schwarzenegger with the Expendable movies, but with Bullet to the Head, he is more of a main focus. In this movie he still has a side kick, but this time it seems he is there for comedic effect not a ensemble to bring in a more nostalgic feeling.  I haven't seen as much press for this one but it seems like, Stallone is one of the best killers, someone wants to get him, so they go and kidnap his daughter (I hope it isn't too much like Taken) he proceeds to go forth and beat up kill lost of people to save his daughter.  It doesn't seem like they will be focusing on how he is now an older action star and are going for a more straight forward take, but a girl can still hope for some over the top reference to his action start prime.
Also Staring: Jason Momoa and Christian Slater

Well, if a few short weeks I will know which one of these two former action megastars will come out on top for this first edition on Battle of the Movies.  Which one are you looking more forward to seeing. I think I am leaving toward The Last Stand. Good luck to both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment