Saturday, January 19, 2013

Zero Dark Thirty (2012): Review

Because of all of the award hype that I have been hearing about Kathryn Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty.  From what I had seen of the previews and what the general response to this movie was that it was really good, so I wanted to see the if it was worth all the hype.  Well I was quite disappointed with this movie.  It had that potential to be great, it was well acted and overall had good filming but it was soooo slow. For the majority of the movie I just wanted it to get going and pick up the pace.  It seemed like it took way too long to go from one point to the other.  The points and overall acting scenes were good and I would have enjoyed this movie much better if it was about thirty minutes shorted.  There were also points where it was hard to see what was going on, as the movies was too dark, and these were at times where nothing violent was happening, so I didn't understand why it was so dark.
This movie is based on first hand accounts of the search for and eventually death of Osama bin Laden, it basically follows Maya, a CIA agent played by Jessica Chastain. It starts with her being reassigned to Afghanistan and end with the confirmation of the death of Osama bin Laden.
It was well acted and I liked the overall feel of this movie, but knowing what was going to happen (who doesn't) made it difficulty to get into the suspense of what happened.  It played up the is he/ isn't he there point but it is know by everyone that he was there and killed during this operations.  This movie is really only for people who like this documentary style movie.

My rating: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment